Thursday, June 14, 2012

i don't play with dolls



One of my top 10 phrases as a child: "I don't play with dolls."

That along with, "I hate socks" & "please don't make me wear that dress!"
Each year, I had a collection of unopened Barbie dolls at the end of every birthday.
My mother had to yell at me or bribe me (sometimes both) to get me into a dress or skirt and tights/hosiery were an added fee. My boyish frame and semi-permanent ponytail, never made it easy to look more girly. Plus, the dresses I had to wear were itchy, frilly and insanely floral (not in the good way). I used to pack a bag with extra clothes in the car and change on the way home in the efforts of relieving myself a second earlier from a dress. A true diehard tomboy and completely comfortable with it!

As the Resort 2013 collections continue to trickle in, I've provided a list of images below as some of my picks of mannish details. From athletic to refined, there's a good mix being shown down the runway to feed every kind of tomboy. And I am totally delighted because I am a huge fan of dropped waistlines and boxy silhouettes. WIN!



Alexander Wang R2013

Acne R2013

3.1 Phillip Lim R2013

Rebecca Minkoff R2013

Carven R2013

Chloe R2013

Helmut Lang R2013

Rag & Bone R2013

Stella McCartney R2013


T by Alexander Wang R2013

Theyskens Theory R2013

Proenza Schouler R2013




Images via: We Heart It, Style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment